Saturday, January 11, 2014

Down the Hatch!


I am two nights in on the shots, and so far so good! I have to admit that I get a little anxious as we get to the evening and it is time to do my shot. It is just so much medicine! I have to pinch an inch on my gut, inject the needle, and then push, push, push allll that medicine into my belly. Last night it felt achy, and then shortly after my legs felt kind of heavy and sluggish, and I felt a bit loopy. Tonight, so far so good (though I *just* did it, so we will see…) My awesome husband keeps saying “you just need to get back in your groove. You’ve got this.” Love him!

My acupuncturist is amazing at toning down the side effects of the meds, and has tasked me with eating limited dairy, and tons of protein. We went to Whole Foods today to get some nuts, trail mix, protein bars, and such, and I cooked some things to eat this week. I hope it helps! That plus keeping hydrated will be important. So far, I don't feel all that different, but it is always good to be prepared, since big changes are definitely coming soon in my body.

Off to the races! Here we go...

No comments: